Thursday 18 November 2010

Unplugged in Paris


This performance, which came as a complete surprise this morning, made me realise how long it's been since we last had a professional quality recording and what a beauty it is. As great as some of the concert videos have been, they're no comparison and it makes me even more eager to get my hands on that acoustic EP. Freakin' hell, that voice! It's best appreciated through headphones so put them on, sit back and enjoy.



We get to hear Adam attempt some French before that soothing velvety voice works its magic and seduces us. The voice is so close I can almost feel the breath on my neck and my hair stand on end. The breathiness, the drawn-out notes and the way he works in that vibrato are agonisingly tender. There are a number of change-ups and the guitar is bouncier than the previous NRJ version from Berlin. The studio audience feels it and ends up clapping along, even providing a backing vocal at one point. I think I can see him lift just a little with that energy exchange. Simply beautiful.

1 comments:

  1. Adambombed: This is such a perfect postcard from Paris....I can't believe how beautiful Adam is in that hat and all in black - Mr. Cool all the way and of course....the VOICE!!! The show was the other extreme - Paris really got a lot of Adam - we're all so lucky to be alive with him.

    Thank you for sharing this !!!!

    ReplyDelete